Depending on the route and wind conditions, a day trip may last between 4 to 6 hours, about half of that time is paddling time in a relaxed pace and the other half or more is relaxing time on the beach, swimming, snorkeling and having a snack or lunch.
We meet in the morning at the chosen meeting point (depends on the trip location) usually at the starting beach. We always take into account wind strength and direction in order to use it in our advantage and stay sheltered, so trips are decided a couple days beforehand in accordance to the weather forecast. Safety is our greater priority that's why our certified sea kayak guide is there to instruct you on proper technique, guide you and ensure that you have a memorable time on your kayak trip.
At the launch beach we hand you paddling equipment and brief you on kayak handling skills. It doesn't take long before we start paddling to get drawn by the exploratory nature sea kayaking offers. We stop for our first snack-fruits and swimming break and once we resume paddling we continue the exploration of small coves, interesting rock formations and small isles to our final destination. There we enjoy a well deserved lunch break that includes fresh local products. During the two stops there's time to swim, snorkel, sunbathe and explore the surrounding area where there's usually some small deserted Cycladic chapel, cliffs with a view point or a short hiking trail. Once the lunch stop is over we paddle back to finish an adventurous day spent in the outdoors (a total of 6 to 10km round trip).
The majority of our day trips are suitable for beginners, we keep a stable and comfortable paddling pace and there's sufficient rest time during our stops. More experienced paddlers can benefit from checking a feature further away and practicing paddle stroke skills and rolls during the breaks.
To book your trip call us at +30 6977206541 (preferably after 5pm) or contact us here
80 euro/person for day trips in Paros (happening more often)
90 euro/person for day trips in Antiparos (includes all expenses of ferry boat transfers)
What is included in the price:
- Sea kayaks (singles or doubles)
- All the associated kayaking equipment needed (personal flotation device, paddles, spray decks, pumps)
- Guide, certified by British Canoeing (BC)
- Sea kayak handling briefing
- Snack and lunch
- Snorkeling equipment
- 1 dry bag/person to carry personal items
- On the Antiparos trips all the tickets of the ferry boat transport (persons and our van & kayak trailer)
What you need to bring with:
- A hat & sunglasses
- A bottle of water (1,5lt per person) & towel
- Sun scream
- A long sleeve top or t-shirt offers good sun protection
- Camera. If it isn't waterproof it can be stowed in the dry bag and used at the breaks
- Other necessary personal items, we hand you a dry bag to store them