Depending on the route, a day trip may last between 6 to 8 hours, about 2 to 3 hours of total paddling in a relaxed pace and another 2 to 3 hours of relaxing time on the beach, swimming, snorkeling and having lunch.
We pick you up in the morning from our meeting point and head to the chosen starting beach. We always take into account wind strength and direction in order to use it in our advantage and stay sheltered, so trips are decided beforehand in relation to group size and experience. Safety is our greater priority that's why our certified sea kayak guide is there to instruct you on proper technique, guide you and ensure that you have a memorable time on your kayak trip.
At the launch beach we hand you paddling equipment and brief you on kayak handling skills. It doesn't take long before we start paddling to get drawn by the exploratory nature sea kayaking offers. We stop for our first snack-fruits and swimming break and once we resume paddling we continue the exploration of sea caves, small coves and interesting rock formations to our final destination. There we enjoy a well deserved lunch break that includes fresh local products. During the two stops there's enough time to swim, snorkel, sunbathe and explore the surrounding area where there's usually some small deserted Cycladic chapel or cliffs. Once the lunch stop is over we paddle back to finish an adventurous day spent in the outdoors (a total of 8 to 12 km round trip).
The majority of our day trips are suitable for beginners, we keep a stable and comfortable paddling pace and there's sufficient rest time during our stops. More experienced paddlers may roam more freely, checking a feature further away and practicing paddle stroke skills and rolls during the breaks.
To book your trip call us at +30 6977206541 (preferably after 5pm) or contact us here
70 euro/person for day trips in Paros
80 euro/person for day trips in Antiparos (includes all expenses of ferry boat transfers)
What is included in the price:
- Sea kayaks (singles or doubles)
- All the associated kayaking equipment needed (personal flotation device, paddles, spray decks, pumps)
- Guide, certified by the British Canoe Union (BCU)
- Sea kayak handling briefing
- Snack and lunch
- Snorkeling equipment
- 1 dry bag/person to carry personal items
- On the Antiparos trips all the tickets of the ferry boat transport (persons and our van & kayak trailer)
- Transportation from the rendez-vouz points to the launching site and back with our 9 seater van.
What you need to bring with:
- A hat & sunglasses
- A bottle of water & towel
- Sun screen
- Lycra, long sleeve top or t-shirt
- Camera. If it isn't waterproof it can be stowed in the dry bag and used at the breaks.